St. Rocco’s Hospice Volunteer Fundraising Group Leader
Make a difference in your local community!
Purpose of opportunity:
St. Rocco’s Hospice is seeking committed and enthusiastic individuals to create and lead Volunteer Fundraising Groups within the community. The Groups will develop fundraising activities, events and campaigns to raise money to enable the work of the hospice to continue.
As the Group Lead, you will recruit members from within your networks and across the community (friends, family, colleagues etc) and inspire them to organise activities to raise as much money as they can for St. Rocco's.
Your contribution will be vital! By leading a fundraising group you will be playing a major role in enabling all generations within your community to participate in a programme of fun events to raise vital funds for Hospice care in the community. The funds you raise will help St. Rocco’s develop a community outreach programme; establish a Hospice at Home service and develop a volunteer neighbourhood scheme- all vital services to patients and families in Warrington.
As Group Lead you will be involved in:
- Recruiting, motivating and co-ordinating individuals to develop fundraising events
- Organising and chairing meetings, overseeing the progress of events and individual committee members
- Ensuring all activities are safe, legal and comply with current best practice (Full training will be given)
- Acting as a spokesperson and ambassador for St. Rocco’s Hospice within your community
- Ensuring the group is committed to raising funds for St. Rocco’s
Key Attitude/skills/knowledge required:
- Clear vision / clarity of purpose about fundraising
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Network of friends and contacts
- Confidence in leading meetings
- Persuasive, enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to 'ask' others to lend their support
- Good listener and respect for other points of view
- Ability to inspire others to work hard in their roles and have the personal dedication to deliver successful events
Training, support or other benefits available:
This is a new role within St. Rocco’s and the successful applicant will gain great personal satisfaction in supporting the work of the Hospice. Forming and leading a St. Rocco’s Fundraising Group is a tremendous achievement and a hugely rewarding experience. The money raised will make a real difference to the lives of patients and their families. You and your team will be given the opportunity to visit the Hospice to see how raising funds can make a real difference.
You will have a full induction at the Hospice and will receive on- going support from the Fundraising Team and the Community Fundraiser, who will keep in regular contact to help you develop ideas and to secure resources for your events. You will also have the full support of a wider volunteer network and the Hospice team.
This is a voluntary position. All St. Rocco’s volunteers are eligible to claim out of pocket and travel expenses.
St. Rocco’s Hospice is a registered charity providing specialist palliative care for people living with or affected by a life limiting illness. We have a 10 bedded in patient unit, Day Therapy Centre and are developing a range of community and outreach services, Our running costs are £3 million per year; of which two thirds is raised via voluntary income.
Your support will make a real difference to hospice patients and families in your community.
Please send CV and covering letter to Jackie Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st July 2014