Words cannot express our appreciation for the love, support and care given in the final days.
- Family of a hospice patient
Just as our care is needed every day, so we need your support every day.
Without the amazing support of people like you, St Rocco’s Hospice wouldn’t be here today. Donations and fundraising helped to build the hospice – and donations and fundraising keep it running.
Why we need your help
Most of our funding comes from people like you – making donations, raising money through events or even remembering us in a will. In fact three quarters of our income is raised locally in our community every single year! Less than 25% of our funding comes from the NHS or the Goevernment so you can see that fundraising is really important in ensuring that we can deliver our care to those who need it.
Every penny helps.
It costs around £3.7 million each year to run the hospice – which means we need to raise £10,000 each and every day just to keep running. We’re a lean organisation with many activities undertaken by unpaid volunteers – and we work hard to keep administrative costs low. Every penny you raise makes a huge difference to the people we care for and their families.
How you can help
We really need your help! You can make a one-off or regular donation to us at any time or donate in tribute to someone you love. There are also lots of ways in which you can help to raise funds for St Rocco’s Hospice – and the good news is that many of them are fun!
- Donate now – go to our donations page and make a donation online. You can also pop into the hospice or one of our shops to make a donation.
Join in one of our regular fundraising events – we have lots of events throughout the year which we’d love you to become a part of (and perhaps get friends and family involved, too).
- Create your own fundraising event – if you want to organise a ball, a pub quiz, a fun night out or if there’s a particular challenge that’s always tempted you, then perhaps you can undertake it as an event on behalf of the hospice?
- Get a club or organisation involved – if you’re part of a church, club or other social group, what better way to fundraise for us than as a team?
- Ask your company to get involved – we value the support of local businesses; plus, it delivers great publicity, helps to build morale and is an excellent social responsibility commitment.
Get in touch for a chat
We’re always happy to help with ideas and do what we can to support your fundraising activities. If you’d like to help us, why not give the fundraising team a call on 01925 575780 – or e-mail us: email@example.com