From handbags to headboards, we’re always happy to receive more goods to sell!
In the light of the COVID-19 outbreak, and following guidelines laid out by the charity retail association, it is required that all donations to our shops be quarantined for 72 hours before processing. In order to meet these recommendations, we will unfortunately be unable to accept ‘over the door’ donations at all of our shops for the foreseeable future.
Donations of Furniture and other large items
All donations of furniture and bulky items should be booked in for collection using either the online form https://www.stroccos.org.uk/Furniture-Collection or by telephone (01925 650800). This stock will be stored off-site to ensure the quarantine guidelines are met.
Clothing and other donations
We are unable to accept donations of clothing and other items at this time. Please see below for a statement regarding our Donation Station.
Priestley College, Loushers Lane, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 6RD
We've had an overwhelming response to our Donation Station at Priestley College since opening on 15th June and we can’t thank the Warrington community enough for their generosity at this time.
We received more than 2,200 bags and boxes of donations in the first week alone this works out at around 20 tonnes of stock to process and get into our shops, ready to be sold as soon as we reopen!
As a result of your wonderful response, all of our storage space is now full and the Donation Station is now TEMPORARILY CLOSED to give our volunteers and staff time to safely process your donations and create space to receive more in the near future.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels and website for a future reopening date. Thank you again for your generosity and we hope to welcome you back very soon!
In the meantime, please hold on to your donations at home until we reopen, as it is not possible for us to accept donations at any of our shops at present.
What we are unable to accept:
We’re sorry but some items we aren’t able to accept for health and safety or legal reasons:
- adult nightwear which does not have fire safety labels
- baby items (other than clothing)
- children’s nightwear
- cosmetics and perfumes
- electrical items (with the exception of our specialist furniture and interiors shop on Mersey Street)
- exercise equipment, including weights and any sort of machinery
- food and drink
- knives, including all hunting and fishing knives, ornamental swords and daggers as well as some kitchen knives
- oil or gas appliances, heaters and lights
- personal hygiene items, including ladyshavers, epilators and massagers
- roller skates, ice skates, skateboards
- safety headgear, including riding hats, motorbike helmets, cycle and skateboard helmets
- soft toys which do not have the CE mark
- swim flotation devices, including armbands and buoyancy aids