The IPU is open every day from 12pm to 4pm for visitors
Please book in at the main reception and aim to arrive 1/4 hour early so we can check your Covid Lateral Flow Test (LFT).
From Wednesday 15th September 2021
- Each patient can have up to eight named visitors.
- Visiting will be limited to two visitors at any one time, per patient between the hours of 12pm and 4pm.
- Window visits can be arranged if required, please speak to the nurse in charge to arrange.
- All visits must be booked in via reception prior to the visit and a pre-visit health assessment will be carried out. A lateral flow test must be completed and presented upon arrival.
- All visitors coming into the hospice must wear a face covering (either one brought with them or provided at reception) gloves and apron when in patient’s room.
- Upon arrival all visitors will be instructed to sign in and wash their hands, after which a member of staff will direct them to the patients room.
- All visitors must remain in the patient’s room and use the call bell if they would like to speak to a member of staff, unless it is an emergency.
- A bell will ring at the end of visiting hours (4pm).
- Visitors must then go to the station to dispose of their masks and wash/sanitise their hands.
- Children (under 18) of patients may visit in the room.
- Individual arrangements will be made with visitors who are visiting a patient who is at end of life.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, staff and community remains our absolute priority.
Access to some areas of the hospice may be restricted at this time.
Please note, these arrangements may change at short notice due to circumstances outside of our control.
Thank you for your co-operation.