A lovely environment with people who spent time with you.
- Relative of a hospice patient
Amending an Existing Will
If you already have a Will and would like to update it to include a gift to St. Rocco's Hospice, you can do this by making a simple addition to your existing WIll. This is called a Codicil. A Codicil need not change the terms of your current Will, it can simply add a new instruction.
If you wish to make any other changes at the same time, it may be best to have your Will re-written to include all your changes in a new document.
A few simple rules:
1. Changing or adding anything to your current Will by crossing out or writing in new instructions will not be valid.
2. You will need to sign and date the document and have it witnessed by two people, just like your Will.
3. Keep the Codicil with, but not attached to, your current Will in a safe place.
4. Send, or give, a copy of the Will and Codicil (in a sealed envelope, if you prefer) to your Executor or other trusted friend, with a note indicating where the original Will is held.
To create a simple Codicil complete and print the Codicil Form, sign it in the presence of two witnesses and keep it with your existing Will.
Alternatively, you may prefer to visit your solicitor who can complete this document on your behalf.