Wonderful care; always happy to be at St Rocco’s Hospice; a dignified passing.
- Family of a hospice patient
Our charity shops are an important source of income for St Rocco’s Hospice – and we rely on your donations to keep the shops busy.
When something reaches the end of its useful life with you, consider giving it another chance with someone else – and, at the same time, enable us to raise money for the hospice.
What we can accept
All items must be clean and in very good condition in order for us to sell them in our shops, otherwise we can incur disposal charges.
Goods can be taken to the shops during opening hours. Please do not leave goods outside the shops at any other times.
There are some items we are to unable accept:
- adult nightwear which does not have fire safety labels
- baby items (other than clothing)
- children’s nightwear
- cosmetics and perfumes
- electrical items (with the exception of our specialist furniture and interiors shop at Bridgefoot)
- exercise equipment, including weights and any sort of machinery
- food and drink
- knives, including all hunting and fishing knives, ornamental swords and daggers as well as some kitchen knives
- oil or gas appliances, heaters and lights
- personal hygiene items, including ladyshavers, epilators and massagers
- roller skates, ice skates, skateboards
- safety headgear, including riding hats, motorbike helmets, cycle and skateboard helmets
- soft toys which do not have the CE mark
- swim flotation devices, including armbands and buoyancy aids
This list is a guide only; please contact your local shop for further advice.
Occasionally the shops are overwhelmed with donations. If the storage areas are full, further donations cannot be accepted for safety reasons until there is space available. If you have a large volume of items to donate or are making a special trip, please telephone the shop beforehand to ensure your donation can be accommodated.
Our specialist furniture and interiors shop
Our Bridgefoot furniture and interiors shop accepts donations of furniture and small portable electrical appliances. The furniture shop does not generally handle bags of clothing. Furniture must be in very good condition and any item with soft upholstery must carry a fire safety label stating the item complies with the 1998 Fire Safety Regulations. Electrical goods must carry the CE mark and be undamaged. Collection of furniture can be arranged by telephoning the shop on 01925 650800. Due to the high running costs of the vehicle, we are unable to collect small items of furniture or electrical items.
Furniture and electrical items can be brought directly to the shop, but this should be pre-arranged to ensure suitability of the item and that the donation can be accommodated.
Advice about the suitability of an item will be given over the telephone when collection is arranged. We reserve the right to decline donations at the point of collection or delivery to the shop where any item is in poor condition or not of a saleable standard.